Monday, April 24, 2006

Taking comfort in the Word of God

David started on Velcade, a new chemotherapy drug, last Fri. Thank God he had no side effects other than occassional hiccups probably caused by steriods. Tomorrow he is due for another round of Velcade which is given via intravenous drip. His blood test result today was good and more importantly he was in high spirit. The Lord has been speaking to him and he was penning his thoughts and insights and relishing every moment of his spiritual journey with his beloved Lord and Saviour.

I am thankful and excited about what God is doing in his and our lives. Oh yes, really want to thank God for His protection over David and Josh. When we went to the hospital ward after church today, Josh was running to see his daddy and he slipped and fell when nearing his daddy bed. The floor around David's bed was wet - probably due to condensation from the airconditioning when the window was opened. Josh was not hurt and I was so glad David did not fall. Cannot imagine what if he had. The Lord is definitely watching over him. May the Lord continue to protect him from harm and accident.

After Josh has gone to bed, I read the Sunday's Times and there were articles on patients battling with cancer - how some have fared better and some have not. I was disturbed. I was worried what if David does not respond well to the chemotheraphy, what if it is God's plan that he has shorter time than I hoped. The peace that guard my heart seems to have been momentarily lifted. I sought the Lord. I prayed and read the bible. I need to know what God is saying about his situation. I was reminded about Joshua's memory verse in
2 Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, he will make you strong and guard you from the evil one."
I am also comforted by the verses I read at 4:05am last night in Isaiah 57:18 "I have seen his ways, and will heal him; I will also lead him, And restore comfort to him and to his mourners."
I know God is in control with the promise in Isaiah 58:11 "The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."

May you also find comfort in His word.

God bless,
Whee Ling