Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Metastasize - what a terrible word

When I ask the Ortho Dr what caused David's pain, he said "Metastasize". I had no clue what that was. David explained simply saying it means the myeloma cells have spread to other parts, causing bone lesions. The "something" they found in the MRI on his spine could be a lesion and so the Doctors will discuss tomorrow on the most appropriate treatment - whether surgery or radiotherapy, otherwise the "something" on his spine if left untreated may cause him to be paralysed.

I need to understand what is going on so I looked up the myeloma website terminology and found:

Lesion: An area of abnormal tissue change. A lump or abscess that may be caused by injury or disease, such as cancer.

Metastasize: To spread from one part of the body to another. When cancer cells metastasize and form secondary tumors, the cells in the metastatic tumor are like those in the original (primary) tumor.

Ok, so this is the situation - our enemy the myeloma cells are not completely eradicated and are back to do mischief in David's body. My initial saddness while in the hospital (when I entertained all the negative thoughts of him suffering and possible premature departure) became anger towards the enemy (of both the physical and the spirit realm) who seeks to destroy our lives. I must remember the warfare is still on. We must overcome the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony, and must not love our lives to death (Revelation 12:11).

"Thank You Lord Jesus for your blood that was shed for us, thank You for the finished work of the cross, thank You for the promises that by Your stripes, we are healed! Thank You for the Living Word, thank You for Your Mighty Name, the Wonderful Powerful Name of Jesus! All glory and honour be to You forever and ever. Amen!"

From the words of Jesus in the bible John 14:12-14 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in teh Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."

Jesus healed everyone who called upon Him, who came to Him. I know the Lord wants to and will heal. Please join me to cry out to Him, to call upon Him, to humbly come before Him in prayers and petitions to deliever and heal David from multiple myeloma, in Jesus most precious name.

Trusting in His healing grace,
Whee Ling