Saturday, May 28, 2005

Pain Pain went away!

Dear all,
Thank you all for praying for me. The insertion of the CVC was difficult probably due to the anatomical strutures of my body or fractures due to my myeloma. The senior radiologist could not figure out why. Although he was quite reassuring by telling me that it was not due to a lung puncture,the pain was so unbearable that caused me to cough and become breathless.It was like a pillow covering the face.I thought I was going to meet the Lord very soon! I quickly confessed all unknown sins to the Lord and prayed for my family and loved ones.All I wanted then was to feel Jesus near as I sang with tears in my heart.

After the insertion of the pheresible line was done, with an oxygen mask given I was wheeled for an urgent ChestXRay to confirm that there's no pneumothorax.Thank God there was no puncture to the right lung.

Back to the ward - In order to minimise the pain, I could not and dare not move or breathe too hard. But thank God, He heard the cries of my heart and your intercession. By this afternoon, the pain score has come down to about 3 and that's why I am able to write a short note here to thank you for praying for me.

Indeed, He "does not ignore the cry of the afflicted" Psm 9:12b

Well, the journey for me has been long. The journey is still very long. Honestly,I don't know what's going to happen tommorrow. But the words of a song I learned during my sunday school days years ago reminded me of our Father God who constantly holds my hand.

Thx for all your prayers,
david

***************

I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine,
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future, for I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Chorus: Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.

Every step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter
Every cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow,
Where the mountains touch the sky.

Romans 8:18
Paul Said: I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.