Tuesday, April 19, 2005

"I miss Daddy."

Our dear Joshua boy whispered "I miss daddy" to me with tears in his eyes on Sunday night while I was preparing him to sleep. I told him "daddy has not gone to the hospital yet. He is at home, in the living room." But Joshua was already preparing himself for the impending though temporary separation from his dear daddy whom he loves so much and who loves him so very much.

Moments before that he had prayed for his daddy asking God to take away all the myeloma cells so that daddy could be well again to play with him.

I know this prayer will not go unnoticed by our Heavenly Father whose steadfast love extends to the heavens, whose faithfulness reaches to the skies.

David's chemo would start tomorrow morning. The good news is for this round, his hospital stay may be only about 1 week or shorter if he responds well. Thereafter in early May, his stem cells will be collected. It is only during end May, tentatively 27May, that he would be warded for around 20+ days for high dose chemo, radiotherapy and then the transplant.

So, please continue to pray for David against infections, diseases and side effects. Please also pray for Joshua to be able to cope emotionally. I could only imagine the extend of anxiety his little heart has to manage. Pray that I remain healthy to take care of them.

Thanks & God bless,
Whee Ling