Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Many things to thank for.........

God is indeed great Shepherd who watches over us:

Here's a list thank God for:
1. Whee Ling flight was exactly the same flgiht number as the SMU student who was infected with H1N1 virus. We were concerned the moment we heard about the flight number, but later we realized it was the wrong date. Whee Ling returned on 24th May whereas the infected student returned on 26th May. Praise the Lord!

2. My father - he was warded for lung infection and some complications due to the Aspirin that he had been taking for his heart ailment. He was discharged after several days.

3. Josh did fairly well in school with Band 1 grades for all subjects. The workload jumped considerably high as this year in P3 and he had a lot to adjust with an additional subject (Science).

4. 1st June - Commemorates the 4th year of my Stem-Cell Transplant. Dr.William Hwang, my transplant physician, congratulated me and wished me "Happy 4th Birthday". I thank God for giving me a new lease of life and I live even more intentinally as I know every breath is God-given.

5. Growing in the Prophetic Ministry - Of late, I sense the Spirit of God leading me to speak in the prophetic language whenever I share or pray for people. Many whom I have ministered to had affirmed the Lord's utterance thru the words released. My heart was specially blessed at a cell on Saturday where a special visitor from OM felt very encouraged through the word given by the Holy Spirit. He felt that the Lord answered the cry of his heart that same morning. What a good God we have! He does not ignore the cry of the afflicted! (Psalm9:12b)

6. Sharing in a Methodist Church - Last Sun, I was given the opportunity to share how God gave me the confidence through the valley of the shadow of death. The Lord blessed me with a good time of ministry. Many came forward to recieve healing and ministry through the Holy Spirit. I felt so blest to hear that that was the first time many responded to the altar call. It was a breakthrough. May the Lord continue to do a work in the lives of the people of this Church and bring spiritual revival and renewal.

7. Global day of prayer on Sunday, 31 May - Whee Ling, Josh, our domestic helper, Perla, and I were very blessed during the time of prayer. It was great worshipping with so many people with the body of Christ at large regardless of race, language but same Christ who is the way, the truth and the life! The Spirit of God did a great work of renewal in our hearts individually and as a family! We could also see the change of life in our helper, who does her work more joyfully and diligently these few days! By the way, she cooks prawn noodles very well that day, her first attempt just by following the recipe book. Thank God for providing us a good and born again helper. She was converted soon after she came. Like our first domestic helper, she prayed to receive Christ and is also a cell leader now. God has great plans for her and will find great favor with her as she grows and serves the Lord with gladness!

Please join us in out thanksgiving as we pray God will quicken and edify your spirit as well!

with a grateful heart!
david