Sunday, June 07, 2009

His Grace

I am grateful of His grace. I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever.

I had not written for a very long time and I honestly didn't feel like writing for a while...
Perhaps it was because there were less prayer requests - not really, there are still much needs, ours and those around us,
Perhaps it was because I did not feel inspired - there was a time when I was inspired to share what the Lord has done and believed the Lord could use it to bless many whom He would somehow connect to our blog,
Perhaps it was because I had somehow forgotten the joy of being grateful and thankful,
Perhaps it was because I had failed to remember the Lord's goodness and "sing" of His mercies by declaring His grace in this blog...
Perhaps it was because I had forgotten His grace...

I remembered an old familiar song (the lyrics below may not be exactly correct):
"Only by Grace can we enter,
Only by Grace can we stand,
Not by our human endeavors,
But by the blood of the Lamb,
Into His presence He called us,
He called us to come...
Into His presence He called us,
And now by Your Grace I come..."

I believe it is the Holy Spirit's call to me to come to Jesus, to come into His presence to experience the fullness of joy. The fullness of joy comes when it is shared. So, allow me to share my joy.

Last Sunday morning, when David shared in another church after his "walk" and the Lord's goodness, I was once again reminded of what the Lord has done in our family - David's healing, the joy of parenting Josh and growing with him. (I'm sure many parents like us know how much we need to grow spiritually to be good godly parents). His Grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9). I am so very thankful He is not done with our family. His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness!

Last Sunday night, we attended the Global Day of Prayer meeting, the Holy Spirit's anointing was so strong, there was such a sense of urgency to pray and minister, a sense of unity, a sense that the transforming power of the Lord has been released. I am so very thankful. Through His Holy Spirit, God is at work in us both to will and to do for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

Last Friday, we were at Riverlife church prayer meeting, once again I was touched by the Lord's desire to fill us with His Holy Spirit.

Dear friends and family, if you have followed our blog, you would know my family has received much of the Grace of our Lord Jesus. It is my prayer that you will also be more mindful of His Grace. Whatever your situation is, His Grace is sufficient for you.

Let us therefore respond to His Grace, His love and may His love fill our hearts, transform our lives and propel us to love as He loves. In so doing, may we always be humbled to know His Grace is sufficient for us.

Shalom,
Whee Ling