Monday, May 25, 2009

Whee Ling back from USA/David's Dad is hospitalized in TTSH

Wanna thank many of you who have been praying for Whee Ling. She has returned safely from her US trip to N.Carolina where her head office is. Thankfully, she seems well. But as a precaution and to be socially responsible, she has quarantined herself at home with a face mask in our room as I am immuno-compromised and Josh is young and susceptible. Such a thoughtful child of God!

I also would like to covet your prayers for my father who is warded in Tan Tock Seng Hospital. My parents had developed fever after babysitting two little girls whose family had been badly infected with flu the past week. He was so weak that an ambulance was called to fetch him to the hospital. He has a history of heart problem as well.

When I received the news from my sister last night, Josh was just next to me. After hearing the news, I was pleasantly surprised and delighted when Josh said, "Daddy, let's pray for Ah Kong now!" Then he pray in a simple, yet one of the most sincere prayers ever! I was touched and glad, because it dawned upon me that the most important thing about teaching our kids is not just the knowledge about God and spiritual truths, but the application of the truths. I pray that Josh will learn to apply the truths he learned as he grows up.

Finally, a little about my routine check up with Dr.William Hwang today. All blood tests, especially my Haemoglobin and platelet counts, are relatively good. There is slight pain on my right wrist for the past few weeks but they are bearable. Dr.William even wished me, "Happy 4th Birthday!" in advance. Come June 1st will be the 4th year since the stem cell transplant had been done successfully with 100% of engraftment.

Thank you for being part of our journey!
David