Monday, January 14, 2008

All is well

Hi all,
I saw Dr.William Hwang on Thursday and he said everything seems good. Even though the oral GVHD is still there with multiple ulcers, it seems to have improved as the gums are not so red now. I am thankful to God for that as it's been there since my transplant in April 2005. Honestly, I do get tired emotionally but thankful that I did not succumb to the effects of GVHD as the flares can be quite fatal. Some patients have lost their lives because of that.

I felt quite sad the other day. One of the christian nurses in the ward told me of a very young friend whom we had been witnessing to had just passed on suddenly not too long ago due to a relapse. He left behind his wife and 2 very young girls.

Whee Ling, Josh and I attended 2 awesome nights of a God Encounter conference organised by The Cornerstone Church. Heidi Baker was the guest speaker and we were very blessed by the presence of God and the exhortation by Heidi. We were very touched by this godly woman's radical love for the African orphans and the poor in Mozambique. Hearing the way she ministered in her undying love and faith without fear of diseases moved our hearts to tears. Seeing the videos of how many were instantly healed of their illnesses reminded me that our God is a God of miracles. And receiving the word of the Lord preached stirred new faith and desire in our hearts to live fully by living purposely in this world for the one who gave His life for us.

Tonight was the last night of the conference and I went down during the alter call for prayer, believing our God of wonders that He will continue to heal me completely.

Learning to love Him wholeheartedly,
david