Monday, December 31, 2007

A New wind of the Spirit

Today many of my own siblings had a simple lunch at my parent's home. My sister, Chye Hong and her pre-believing husband were in Singapore for the past few days. This is the sister that had rededicated herself to the Lord after marrying an unbeliever some 30 years ago. But by the grace of God, her faith in the Lord is now so strong and full of faith because of the strong-Bible believing Church that has nurtured and discipled her in KL. In fact, much of our encouragement came from her as she stood with us by praying in faith with us. Very often, she would send her sms-es and pray child-like prayers of faith for my healing. My family and I had been very lifted by her renewed faith.

Before she left this morning, we prayed for their safe journey back to KL. It was really wonderful to hear my mum and my dad pray for them. My parents have also grown much and it was really heart warming to see them utter such sincere prayers for my sister and brother-in-law. I believe that such prayers of blessings will bring the kingdom of God nearer to my unsaved bro-in-law and cause him to be delivered from the clutches of the evil one very soon.

I live each day with new excitement to see members of my family and extended families come to know the God who has sustained and given me every new breadth of life.

By faith, I believe a new wind of His Spirit will come in 2008. A new spirit where many new favors will come from the Lord and a greater faith to believe and see God move powerfully will happen in every area of our lives......especially the salvation of our loved ones and friends.

May you usher into the new year with this new wind of His Spirit and let Him blow you to new heights of love, joy, peace, hope and even faith in our faithful God!

Have a blessed new year!
David, Whee Ling and Joshua Ong.