Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Another Christmas!

Life is unpredictable. I received a piece of bad news two days before Christmas. It was about a sudden passing on of a sister of a friend who left without bidding farewell to her loved ones.

I am reminded of how I felt during the past 3 years of my illness since September 2004. I remembered wondering if I would be able to see and celebrate Christmas that year. By God's grace, this is the 3rd Christmas that I've celebrated.

Whee Ling, Josh and I celebrated the past two Christmases on our own. Though they were very private, we enjoyed every bit of it.

This time, we had a well-packed Christmas. On 23rd Dec, two of my best friends came to spend Christmas with us. Then we had some of my previous guys and their spouses join us on the Christmas eve. It was really a very meaningful time, catching up and fellowshipping with each other as each shared about the goodness of the Lord in our own lives. Christmas day itself was filled with gatherings with my in-laws and my very own parents and siblings where we blessed some of our relatives with the book that God has graciously given us the privilege to share about His goodness.

I am deeply thankful to God for every new breadth given, something not to be taken granted. I look forward to many more Christmases. But more importantly, looking forward to live every minute for His glory!

Merry Christmas and have a very Christ-filled New Year!
May the Lord bring a new wind of spirit into your heart as you venture into the new year with His Holy Spirit.

David.