Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Gentle reminder – God is faithful!

Praise the Lord!!! I was reminded once again of how important it is to have faith while praying. And God has been so faithful as always!

Though it has been a while ago, I still think I ought to give thanks and praise God for His goodness and faithfulness:
Ever since my whole family was down with the stubborn strain of flu bug from the 1st week of Sep, I prayed (not so faithfully) and took my medicine faithfully. For almost 2 weeks I was feeling unwell with blocked nose, phlegm and cough even though I had completed my full course (7 days supply) of antibiotics. David and Josh’s flu symptoms were lingering. Thank God we had no high fever. I had a bad experience when I did not take my antibiotics after a meal. I felt nauseated and vomited – the feeling was so awful. It was then I realized David must have suffered so much more and couldn’t help admire him for having endured and persevered in the Lord.

At the beginning of this week, my mum was having severe headache and I was so afraid it could be something serious. My best girl friend went for a medical review and I was concern about the outcome of her report. David’s medical review was also due on Thu and I was anxious with “what ifs”. I felt so powerless over sickness. I forgot the victory over sickness our Lord Jesus has accomplished on the cross till I felt the need to humble myself before him in prayer and fasting on Wed.

As I was spending time with the Lord, the Lord used the booklet written by Marilyn Hickey “God’s Benefit: Healing” to remind me His faithfulness and the need to pray prayers of faith. Some bible verses from the booklet which helped remind me to pray, believe and receive God’s healing benefits are:
Psalm 6:19 says “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits…”
Forgiveness and Healing are benefits from the Lord Psalm 103:2-3 : “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all thy diseases.”
John 3:14 - Everyone who looks to Jesus will be saved and healed
Jesus said “My words are spirit and they are life”. Marilyn advised us to Be in the Word everyday confessing the Word.
Mark 11:24 - “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours”

I am glad to share that as I prayed and believe it is God’s will to heal and received His healing by faith. Praise the Lord! My mum is fine, my best friend’s report is good and my dear husband’s review is “All ok, next review in 6 weeks”! I am so grateful, so thankful to our Heavenly Father for answering my prayers. Oh yes, I also prayed for my health too and I am completely well now. I know it is not how big my faith is but how faithful God is. Don’t forget all His benefits. They can be yours too!

God bless,
Whee Ling