Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bad headache, nausea, diarrhoea and eye infection

Dear all,
the past few days were terrible for me. The above mentioned symptoms especially the headache didn't seem to go away. Times like this can scare me a little as the worst kind of imaginations can come to my mind. I thought the active cells may have targetted my skull since Multiple Myeloma affects chiefly the bones(Lytic lesions).

It may seem negative to you but many who are sick like me experience such real feelings and thoughts every now and then when a dark cloud passes by to marr our focus on the promises in the Lord. Such clouds or experiences can make us feel or see the worst.

But once again, the Holy Spirit reminded me not to focus on what I see or cannot see, but on the finished work of the cross that brings every divine blessing to us as His beloved children, including good health. He reminded me not to focus or base my faith on the present circumstances but in God who sees everything. His eyesight is better than mine or yours. His eyesight is perfect. So when I fixed my eyes on God again, hope filled my heart all over again. I know Jesus is always interceding for me!

Wavering faith? Perhaps. But it is very real to us. Guess that's why we always appeal for friends like you to pray with us, especially for me, that God will continue to pour forth more grace upon me to go through every phase, every day.

Needing Jesus deeply everyday,
david

P/S - After doing a full blood count at a nearby polyclinic, I went to see a doctor friend who interpreted the results for me. He said I had viral flu. Am thankful for God's grace that there is no severe sinusitis this round. By today, the headache is completely gone. Praise the Lord for another measure of grace!