Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Seek the blesser, not the blessing.

Dear friends,
Whee Ling and Josh are fine now. My cough has stopped and I feel a lot better though the post-nasal drip still drips. Am glad that it is much relieved by anti-histamines. Please pray that the infection will clear completely. The GVHD seems more controlled as my mouth did not bleed that easily of late.

I will be seeing Dr. William Hwang for my next medical review this Thursday. May have to do another MRI to ascertain the progress thus far.

I want to share a litlle blessing that Josh experienced on Monday. He experienced what it means to 'reap what you sow'.

You see, on Sunday, he told Whee Ling and I that he wanted to bless the Lord a little more. So he gave $10 into the offering bag.

On Monday, I was looking for a bookshelf in Ikea for Josh. Then I met a couple who are pastors. We talked and I was blessed by their prayer of faith for my family and my condition. Before they left, the lady pastor passed a little gift to me saying, "Here's a little blessing for Joshua". I couldn't wait to tell Josh what the Lord has done.

Josh was very overjoyed to receive the 5-fold blessing. He said, "So I will give $50 to the Lord and i will have more!" We laughed and shared with him that it was more important to seek the blesser than the blessing. Besides, God will bless in many other forms.

Whee Ling and I are very blessed that God used this to give Josh an experience like this to let him encounter the goodness of the Lord. He has also decided to give all the coins that he has saved to the poor and orphans through Harvest Home Inc, a ministry of Rhonda Calhoun and her husband, Danny who are founders. Rhonda was the lady who gave me a very accurate word of prophecy in April 2004, a month after I left the pastorate in my previous ministry. A detailed description can be found in my up and coming book entitled "Talking the Walk" by the grace of God.

If you'd like to read more about Rhonda vision for the poor and needy, you can go to their website at: www.harvesthome.org.

Thankyou for praying for us,
david