Monday, October 30, 2006

Complete remission!

Hallelujah!!! Praise the Lord!!! David is in complete remission!

So glad to be sharing this with you. His BMA result showed ~ 1% plasma cells - Dr William confirmed he is in complete remission. He need not go for another cycle of Velcade treatment. What wonderful news! His next appointment is in 5 weeks time - a "far cry" from his weekly medical appointment since Sep 2004.

What a relief! A time to celebrate! Hallelujah! His name to be praised forever and ever! Words cannot express our joy, our thankfulness and eternal gratitude to the One who made this possible! Also, to all who are instrumental in His divine plan - the doctors, the nurses, the prayer warriors, family, friends and everyone who in one way or another helped reveal His love to us.

The Blessedness of answered prayer is so well described by King David in Psalm 30:

"I will exalt you, O LORD,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.

3 O LORD, you brought me up from the grave ;
you spared me from going down into the pit.

4 Sing to the LORD, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.

5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

6 When I felt secure, I said,
"I will never be shaken."

7 O LORD, when you favored me,
you made my mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
I was dismayed.

8 To you, O LORD, I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy:

9 "What gain is there in my destruction,
in my going down into the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it proclaim your faithfulness?

10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help."

11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Yes, we too give thanks to Him forever!

If you are in some kind of "night of weeping" situation, it is my prayer that you too find relief as you place your trust and hope in Jesus Christ our Lord. Look to Him, wait upon Him and cling to His promises.

Rejoicing in His goodness,
Whee Ling