Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So far so good! Awaiting next round of Chemo.

Hi all,
It was a great relief to know that all the tests done to ascertain if there were any neurological defects in my brain were negative, except for a little nerve sensation deficiency in both toes probably due to the drugs. Dr William was concerned that I may have a seisure because I experienced bad cramps and it was unilateral on the right side of my body.

My platelet count last taken on Monday has gone up from 55 to 90.Priase God. As I will be going for the next 2 cycles of Velcade to consolidate the whole process of my treatment thus far, it is safer for the plateletes to be higher. Will be seeing Dr. Hwang again on Tuesday, 8 August 2006.will definitately keep you informed of the next round of chemo/velcade.

Thank God also for the successful operation to remove the prolapsed piles through a new surgical procedure.It was a great relief to me - it feels so light there! The wound is still quite raw and there's still some pain that's bearable, but the pain score can soar when I go to download! Will be seeing the colorectal surgeon, Dr. Wong Nan Yaw in SGH on Monday, 7 August for folow-up.

Thank god for His new measure of grace each day to go through all these - I really can't imagine how if not for His grace. Especially when things happen and come all together like a package. Josh is well now and it is always so good to see him so cheerful, joyful and even playful. What delights me most lately was when he asked me, "Daddy, what was the most wonderful thing for you today?". Immediately, my answer was,"That I had such a wonderful time with him". You should see the smile on his face! And he said,"me too!".

Come September will be exactly 2 years since I've been diagnosed and treated for Multiple Myeloma. My life has been reduced to nothing, except seeing the doctor every week since day one. Feeling empty is a great experience. There were moments I think I've been so reduced to nothing in this world that I felt so miserable. Yet at the same time, I realized that when I became nothing, the God I place my trust and confidence in this journey became everything. Thus, why do I still need to be in control? He is the Sovereign God who is in control.

Looking after Josh has been a great joy, though very tiring and trying at times! Yet it is one of the greatest priviledge God has given me as a man to look after his own son fulltime. My desire and constant prayer is that Jesus will use me to reveal the Heavenly Father's heart to josh as He did to those whom God has given him. (John 27: 2;6 9)

With this I'll end - God is calling me in a season of "feeding my own spirit". The spirit man in us needs to have fresh manna daily and to be filled with His Spirit daily. When the spirit man is spiritually undernourished, it is as good as dead. No life. I don't want stale bread too - it stinks! It must be fresh. I'm enjoying what God is doing - revealing His heart and bringing His promises to come to pass as Whee Ling, Josh and I continue to hold fast to His goodness in our lives.

Do drop us a note if God gives you a word for us.

He is a good God,

P/S: I really appreciate those of you who call to chat, even if it was just a while.