Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Platelets not enough!

Dear all,
Thank God all my blood counts have been good. The platelets have also gone up from 90 to 94 today.But it is not good enough to have the next cycle of chemo/velcade next week.Good also - as I have been enjoying my morning devotions. I have been waking up early at 5.30am or there about just to pray.

Frankly, prayer is one of my weakest areas in my christian life.I can spend lots of time to read God's word, but I can be very distracted to do other things while trying to pray.That's why I decided to focus on praying alone for this time in the morning so that I can commune and intercede for the whole hour.

Taking this time to pray had been very enriching for me.Though I get tired by afternoon, the time spent praying early in the morning have quickened my spirit man to long and hunger after God, beholding Him in a new and fresh way to trust, believe and causing my faith to grow instead of just acquiring spiritual knowledge to puff up. What I find joyful is also learning to intercede for more people who are in need of the Lord's power in their lives - like the friends I got to know in the hospital with cancer; praying for my mother-in-law who has diabetes; for my sister's unsaved mother-in-law who is very ill with cancer. Standing with them in prayer as people like you stand with me gives me the strength to believe what God can and will do beyond what medical science can do for our God is far greater than science. Above all, to pray and see the deliverance of God in bringing salvation to the hearts of those I'm praying for daily.

It was a great joy to be praying with a friend of late for her grandma. She had cancer and was critically ill. In our desperate cry for her salvation, we prayed in the spirit for her beyond what we can pray in the natural and with understanding. Our God of mercy rescued her not only from physical death, but saved her from eternal condemnation as well. in her last few weeks before she was eventually called home, my friend experienced the goodness of the Lord in seeing how God in His mercy brought salvation to her grandma. We believe that happened because we interceded in the spirit when we thought there was nothing else we could do anymore.That's when the Holy Spirit took all over and prayed on our behalf according to His will.

Sometimes I do not know how else to pray when I see in the natural the condition of the people that I am interceding for. but knowing this truth about praying in the spirit to allow the Holy Spirit to take over sets my heart free to just pary and let God do the rest....including the salvation of those we're praying very hard for. He is in control and will not disappoint us. After all, He desoires that none shall perish.so, I am going to pray till it happens! till things happen! That includes my own health!

Be blessed,
david