Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Severe headache

"This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Yes, rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice." These bible verses reminded me to rejoice always regardless of circumstances. Can I rejoice today?

After more than 2 weeks of normalcy, David is back in the hospital today. Last night around 3am he suddenly had very bad headache. His blood pressure also shot up to 150,100. He vomited a little and was feeling giddy. Through it all, I was sleeping and did not even know he was suffering so much. I vaguely remembered asking him whether he was ok and muttered a prayer when he said he had headache. Little did I realise it was so serious and that his headache was so severe that his pain score was actually around 7 and the throbbing pain in his temple did not subside at all. I thought he merely needed more rest since he had not been sleeping much (approx 4 hours or so daily) due to the medication he was taking. Dr William admitted him for CT scan and MRI tomorrow morning. Please pray that the pain be gone and more importantly not just the outward symptoms but whatever root problem causing David's headache be gone in the name of Jesus. Pray for complete healing and restoration.

I have to trouble Pastor Adrian again to help send David to the hospital because I needed to run around trying to register Joshua for Pri 1. For those familiar with the Singapore Primary education P1 registration system, it was phase 2C supplement and I still could not secure Josh a place in any school. Our first choice is St Hilda's because we really wanted him to be in a Christian school whereby Christian values will be incalcated in him - that to us is more important that academic success. Though Christian values should be first instilled by us parents, we strongly feel it needed to be reinforced by the school environment as well. Moreover, his cousins (David's brother Roger's children) are there and it would be easier to make arrangement in times of need. Roger's family has been a great blessings in helping to take care of Joshua esp during David's frequent hospitalization. Really thank God for them! Please pray that somehow God will make a way to place Josh in a school of His choice.

Yes, I can rejoice because the God of hope can fill me with all joy and peace in believing, that I may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. I can rejoice because it is God who works in me both to will and to do according to His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).

Am I worried? Yes, I was but Jesus said "Do not worry... who by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?" So, I shall not worry but trust and obey. Worry does not help but faithful prayer does. Thanks for your continual faithful prayers and intercession. May the Lord who is the author and perfector of our faith be glorified now and forevermore!

Rejoice in the Lord,
Whee Ling