Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Psalm 6:2-4

"Be merciful to me,Lord, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish.
How long, O Lord. how long? Turn, O Lord, and deliver me;
save me because of Your unfailing love.
Psalm 6:2-4

Dear all,
thank you for sharing my pain by praying for me. The past few days had been very tough for me-bearing the pain physically and emotionally, wondering when this road is going to end. But many of your words of comfort and encouragement thru your sms-es and calls brought great strength to my anguised soul.And particularly the advice of many doctor friends who called were timely and insightful.Thank God also for the wisdom of God upon Dr. William, my transplant physician and the team of concerned and caring doctors in SGH, haematology department who explained to me about the lytic lesions in my bones. Lytic lesions are holes caused by the disease multiple myeloma. Thus, my bones are brittle and more prone to fractures.To promote healing of the holes, I'm on intravenous Zometa and calcium tablets.The good news is that the last BMA done shows no trace of myeloma cells.Do pray for speedy recovery of the bones.

Because of my pain, I brought Josh to my sister's place so that she can help me look after Josh. Josh and I stayed there last night. Josh also wanted to see the sunrise as the place overlooks the see at Laguna Park, Marine Parade.

The sunrise was beautiful. Josh loves seeing the beautiful colours in the sky while the sun was slowly coming up. It was full of splendor. In spite of the pain at night, I was reminded of God's splendor. God's splendor is like the sunrise (Habakkuk 3;4) Thus, God's sunrise is more than my disease.

I was also very encouraged by God's word in Malachi 4:2 as well that says, "The sun of righteousness will rise with HEALING in its wings." The sun is like a great golden bird rising in the morning and flying across the sky. His shining wings are sending out light and warmth. And to those who look up to Him to feel that warm light will get better and stronger. God, the sun of righteousness can make us better and stronger when we look to him. I told Josh that God will make me better and stronger - thank God for His promise and presence and protection - things could have been worse if not for His grace. Do pray for more and more grace each day to endure and persevere.

david