Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Day 98!

Wow! 2 more days and it will be Day 100! - an important milestone after the transplant. Praise the Lord for His goodness and mercy! Praise Him for His faithfulness and gracious work done in our lives, esp David's. Very grateful the past 97 days have passed without complications, rejection or serious infections. His progress has been good and we are trusting God for complete recovery.

Now why is Day 100 so significant? The advice for transplant patient is to avoid crowded places and outside food for at least 100 days. Cautioned to keep oneself from food contamination and bacteria or viral infection because the new immunity system needs to be built up. David's white blood count and HB level are still not quite within the normal range. Well, guess we still have to be careful even after the 100 days. Another reason why this milestone is important is David's CVC line (the silicon tube inserted into his vein) will be removed soon. Though it may not be done exactly on 100th day itself, it will be very soon - then no more dressing and yes he can swim again. :)

Understand from David that because the CVC line was done through the tunneling method (if you recall, he had quite an ordeal during the insertion of the line), the removal requires cutting his flesh instead of just pulling the tube out through the hole (sounds really awful to me). Oh, please do pray that the process of removing the CVC will not be painful and the wound heals well and fast.

May you be blessed by the word of God and His promises!
"Your promise revives me, it comforts me in all my troubles." Psalm 119:50 (Joshua's book)
"My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." Ps119:50 (NIV)

"This is my comfort in my affliction,For Your word has given me life." Ps119:50 (NKJ)

Rejoicing in Him!
Whee Ling