Sunday, August 28, 2005

Still on track

The result of the previous BMT was out: 3% plasma cell in bone marrow. 95% donor still on track cut down neoral to 75bd.

When I received the sms from David last few days ago in my office, I quickly called to ask how he felt about the result. He simply replied "I am ok. My life is in the Lord's hand. I am not worried." Really glad he is so peaceful and calm and trusting in the Lord. I was hoping that the result would indicate complete healing has taken place, 0% and total remission. Naturally I was disappointed but hearing David helped me to just accept that it is the Lord's timing after all...

Nonetheless, still want to give thanks to our merciful Heavenly Father! Among the thanksgiving items, other than the good news that his condition is still on track (improving), David discovered the mild infection in the CVC area and was given antibotics. Thank God it was addressed early and did not result in fever or more serious infection. Thank God today is day 88!

Thank God and Praise the Lord for His word which brings comfort. I was reminded about Psalm 94:19 - Joshua's this week memory verse:
"When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." Psalm 94:19 (version from the "Promises for little hearts" - his birthday present from Dr Hwang).

Be blessed by the other version of Psalm 94:19
"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul." (NKJ)

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." (NIV)

"When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul." (NASB)

"When I was upset and beside myself, You calmed me down and cheered me up." (The Message)

Peace and Grace be unto you from Jesus our Lord!
God bless,
Whee Ling