Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The power of prayer

Thanks for praying for Josh and David. Josh is ok now and David is much better even though he is still coughing out phelgm. As per his doctor's advice, he had started on Tamiflu. Please continue to pray for complete healing.

I liked the devotional article on 05Aug Women's Thought for the Day (by author Suzanne Benner) and would like to share how it has encouraged me to pray and ask for prayer in times of need.

It reminded me that "the Almighty God has given us the privilege of helping our loved ones by our prayers.

For a purpose known by God alone, through a spiritual process beyond our understanding, God has ordained that our prayers have power to assist those in trouble.

It is a mystery that we do not understand, yet through the Bible, the very words of God, we know it to be true."

Scripture references:

  • "On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers" (2 Corinthians 1:10 -11, NIV).

  • "Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death" (Philippians 1:19-20, NIV).

To read the full article, please refer to http://thelife.com/blogposts/2009/08/05/help-us-by-your-prayers/#comments

So, thank you for being instrumental in bringing God's healing and deliverance to us! Please also grant us the priviledge to pray alongside with you by writing to us prayer requests in our blog or email to us if you feel led.

Shalom,

Whee Ling