Monday, May 04, 2009

As Secure as Mt.Zion

"Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever. Just as the mountains surround and protect Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds and protects his people, both now and forever."Psalm 125:1-2 NLT

I had my devotion this morning and had been very blessed as I read these verses. The Lord reminded me that my true security is only in the Lord.

There are just too many things happening in our world. Nothing is safe and secure. Now there is another scare - the Influenza A (H1N1 virus). We can't help but feel concerned for our loved ones here and overseas.

But I am reminded to trust the Lord. It means looking to our Shepherd King as the source of our security. It means putting our faith in the grace, love, power, and protection of God when the inevitable pressures of life come. It means knowing as the psalmist did, that the mountains surround Jerusalem, God himself will surround and shield his children. Therefore, we will not let anything scare us. But in our hearts, we can be "As secure as Mt.Zion".

It is so good that you and I can always turn to our God - He is bigger that any BIG thing that can turn the world around!

He will always hold your hand closely!

david