Friday, September 05, 2008

His grace is sufficient

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9.

That was the key message of my sharing at Dawn Community Church last Sunday. I have been praying for the Lord to show me exactly what He would like me to share. I could have shared about His unfailing love, faithfulness, miracles, answered prayers, support from His family of believers, His grace and mercies…and after much prayer, the answer from the Lord was “My grace is sufficient.” Indeed, the Lord has been gracious and merciful to us and His is all we need and His grace is sufficient.

Knowing His grace is sufficient helped me to be thankful, to be content, to be certain that "He is our very present help in time of trouble" (Psalm 46:1) and to experience His peace that surpasses understanding.

Thank you for praying for me for my sharing last Sunday. I was really gald the Lord could use me to encourage others in sharing about His words of truth and His acts of love. Truly His word brings life and light and it is not by might, not by power but by the Spirit of God. All glory and honor be unto Jesus our Lord!

I was pleasantly surprised when 2 dear sisters-in-Christ blessed me after the sharing by praying Psalm 16 over me and even sang the beautiful song "I will run to you".

May the lyrics of this song bless you as it had blessed me.

"I will run to you

Your eye is on teh sparrow
And Your hand, it comforts me
From the ends of the earth
To the depth of my heart
Let Your mercy and strength be seen

You call me to Your purpose
As angels understand
For Your glory
May You draw all men
As Your love and grace demands

And I will run to You
To Your words of truth
Not by might, not by power
But by the spirit of God
Yes I will run the race
Till I see Your face
O let me live in the glory of Your grace"

Be blessed,
Whee Ling