Friday, July 06, 2007

Medical Review - 06.07.2007

Dear all,
Waking up each day is a reminder of God's undying grace. Indeed, the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, for they are new every morning. His grace is availble every day.

I am thankful that all is well with me. That's the great and constant faithfulness of God in our lives as a family.

Dr. William mentioned that all the blood tests are fine except for the GVHD in my mouth. By God's grace, it had been very well controlled and the dosages of the immuno-suppressants are reduced. As such, he does not want to increase it systemicallly (prednisolone 10 mg, twice a day).

The pain is bearable. It bleeds whenever I eat or brush my teeth. The GVHD in the gums and the roof of the palate in the mouth are rather active, causing sevaral big ulcers on the sides and back of the mouth. I had been given a cream to apply to control it. So, am very thankful that I can still eat but slowly so that the food does not tear the skin on the roof of the mouth.

There is a little risk that Dr. Hwang remarked regarding this oral GVHD. There is a potential risk of having mouth cancer because it's been there since the 2005, right after the transplant.

My heart dropped when I heard it. Immedaitely, I had to quickly renew my mind with the certainty of God's word that gives life and health. I was glad that this news helps to me to pray God's word and to receive the promises of God in His word.

While waiting for my chest Xray to be done yesterday, I was meditating on Acts 1:8. Interestingly, by the divine way in way God often uses circumstances in our lives to speak to us, Dr William Hwang gave me 2 books written by his Senior Pastor. one of them is entitled, "You shall be my witnesses". Without a shadow of doubt, I knew what God was saying to me.
I will, regardless of my state of health, continue to a witness for Him. Praise the Lord for His word!

I had been reading and enjoying the word of God like never before. I sometimes try to skip the old testament because history is a subject I greatly dislike. Now, like the way Whee Ling and I prayed with Josh whenever we have devotion with him daily, I deliberately prayed for the holy Spirit to OPEN my eyes to wonderful things in His word. (Psm 119:18). i am beginning to find new gems for my life. The Israelites lived under the law but we are blessed to live under grace now for the Lord, Jesus had carried all for sins on the cross once and for all.

I don't read the OT merely as a story or history book now. I see His-Story and how God was preparing the way for the redeemer to come to restore the world. I believe that redemption includeds the restoration of the physical body as well. So, I continue to believe that.

Do pray for me for strength physically. While I have more time in the afternoons after Josh goes to school, by then, I am physically exhausted and have little energy to do much.

Whee Ling is very busy at work. She has been blessed to be in this company, SAS Institute since the day she joined. It's been 20 years - her first job. That's how faithful she is, even to me!
I pray Psalm 90:17 regularly for her, that she will find favor in the eyes of God and men and see the work of her hands be establised as she continue to be faithful, not just to me, her company, but to God.

Much has been said and usually I don't write often. But when I write , I have a lot to say. Thanks for listening to me. Thanks for reading our blog for we know you care, though we may not know who reads unless you leave a comment or email us like some of you do. Thanks for standing with us!

All for His glory!
david