Saturday, May 12, 2007

Psalm 16:7-11

7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. 9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. 11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Dear all,
Thank you for praying for Josh and me. We had been badly hit with chest infection, causing bad cough and fever. I can't help but worry a lot about Josh as he was so sick that he had to be absent from school for the whole week. It had been quite disheartening for us. Yet, in spite of all this, we know the Lord word will always come true for us as we continue to confess the absolute Lordship of Christ in our lives and even over sickness, claiming "by His stripes we are healed."

I am thankful that God's word always brings hope and joy to my heart. Sometimes, after fighting the disease for so long, I become weary and down, especially when the oral GVHD flares up badly again and again. The pain is always there since the transplant in 2005 but usually beaarable. I just treat it like a housefly that comes every now and then on the shoulders and shrug it off but sometimes the flares can really get me very discouraged although I tell myself to be thankful for every breadth that He gives to live for my family and for Him.

Reading the book of Psalms have always been very helpful. It puts courage into my heart to know that God had not and will not abandon us in every circumstance.....eespecially at night, He will counsel and bring His presence near when my heart grows faint. By dwelling in His presence, He renews and makes known to me the path of life again. And in that, I rejoice in Him again, for He has given new strength for another new day.

Thank you all for your prayers! It gives us renewed strength and joy to have the family of God standing with us, even till now.

Do pray for strength as I try to finish my book, entitled, "Talking The Walk"

God is forever faithful,

david