Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's all about faith!

Dear Friends,
Thank you for praying for my family.

Josh is well now though he had lost a lot of weight. We had been 'pumping' with good, nutritional food and supplements to restore his health.

As for me, there's still some chest infection with wet cough and post nasal drip but it has improved tremenduously. This bout has so far been the worst in terms of length. About 5-6 weeks. The cough was very bad throughout the whole day. Sometimes, the chest hurts due to the constant cough. I was hoping and praying that the ribs will not fracture due to the myeloma.
Nevertheless, we are just thankful that it was not TB and praying that the infection will clear totally very soon.

God is always very good, revealing His ways and causing our hearts to see His goodness despite all odds. We are specially thankful to Dr. Melvyn Tan who had been watching over us throughout this time. My physician, Dr. William Hwang had been in touch as well. We are always very grateful for these friends in the medical profession whom our Father in heaven has blessed us with.

God has been speaking so much to me through His word. One of the things He had been doing is causing my faith to rise again - that everything is by faith. Reading the list of the heroes of faith in Hebrews 11 had been very encouraging, stirring my heart to exercise my faith in God.

God's word strengthens. I can't imagine how we could hold on at times if not for His encouragement through His word. And your prayers as well, we know we are not alone for so many of you have been standing with us throughout this whole time in prayer and many practical ways. We are awed by the love of God and God's people like you.... all the time.
God is so good!

blessings,
David; Whee Ling and Josh.