Friday, January 08, 2010

Blessed 2010!

Blessed New Year!


Before I could bid a proper farewell to 2009, we are now 10 days into 2010. 2009 was a challenging year for alot of people and for us, it was another year we witnessed much of God's grace. Though a little late, I still wanted to give thanks and Praise God for His mercies and grace... (else even the stones will cry out - praises to our God, our Maker!)

Just before the end of the year, to be exact on 18Dec, we were at a chalet my brother booked for the families to spend time together - a very first of such event among my siblings. Around midnight, as I was falling alseep, a heard a loud bang and I jumped up immediately in fear, sensing something was wrong. My mum was making her way down the spiral staircase and had missed a step and fell really hard. She could have hit her head against the edge of the step for when we turned on the light a few minutes later, her head was already in a puddle of blood. Amidst panic, desperate prayers and commotion, my sister managed to find a clean towel to stop the bleeding and we rushed her to the nearest hospital. Thank God my mum was alert throughout the ordeal. She vomitted while waiting at the A&E for the doctor's examination and the nurse told us the x-ray showed there was a fracture in her skull and that she needed to go for CT scan. I remembered uttering desperate prayers, asking the Lord for mercies and grace in the name of Jesus, to please help my mum and that was all I could do. Praise the Lord, when she was finally settled in the ward, it was such a relief when the doctor told us there was no internal bleeding and she should be alright. God is so gracious to my mum and us! I was so thankful and grateful that after a few days at the hospital, my mum could be discharged to spend Christmas with us.

Truly what the devil has meant for evil, the Lord could turn it for good. My mum shared the good news that she was able to testify the Lord's goodness at her cell group's Christmas outreach 2 days after her discharge and the Holy Spirit convicted 5 of their friends to receive Jesus as their Lord - the wonderful gift of salvation. :) Indeed His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts our thoughts.

Not long after we celebrated welcoming the New Year 2010, on day 6, David started coughing and Josh started developing high fever and I experienced symptoms of flu as well. The next few days that followed passed like a blurr... Josh was diagnosed to have tonsilitis and his fever reached as high as 42 degrees. I was up most of the nights to make sure his fever was under control, the strength I had could only be from the Lord. David's cough was so bad that his chest hurt and he was so tired that he was sleeping most of the time. We prayed and I also sms some friends to pray for us. Our Lord is one whom we could rely upon in any adversity. Thanks be to Him, Josh is now well and David is also much better (other than running nose) as I am providing this update.

Is this a bad start to 2010? On the contrary, I count it all joy to be able to be reminded of God's love and His healing power at the beginning of the new year. I look forward to better times and may the "God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).

Thanks & God bless

Whee Ling