Sunday, December 06, 2009

Holiday in HongKong

Hi, Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus!

We are going to HK tomorrow for a 5 day holiday. Appreciate your prayers for protection, safe and enjoyable holiday.

Even though I booked the air tickets since July, I wasn't sure if we could really go. From the accumulated Kris Flyer points, I was able to book 3 SQ tickets and was hoping nothing would crop up to prevent us from going. You see, we had almost made a trip to HK 3 years ago but needed to cancel it the day before departure due to David's hospitalization. Then, early this year, the H1N1 flu became a real concern. I am really thankful that the Lord healed both Josh and I from a nasty flu the week before. David had his H1N1 vaccination and we are so glad he did not succumb to any flu virus.

Just last Thur, a wonderful family visited us and we had a great time of fellowship. I shared about our planned HK trip and about my concerns and hope that it would go according to plan. Our dear friend, who is a pastor, gently reminded me to trust God and declare in faith that we would not only go but would have a great and enjoyable blessed HK holiday! Yes, how little faith I have and it is really so encouraging to be reminded we have a wonderful God who loves us and would not withhold any blessings upon His children.

So, by God's grace, we are going to HK tomorrow and will have a great and blessed time! We are excited to be taking the A380 and I think the journey is the highlight for Josh rather than the destination. :)

Thanks for praying for us and may you have a wonderful time whether having holiday overseas or spending the school holidays in Singapore.

Thanks & God bless,
Whee Ling