Monday, September 14, 2009

Comment in ST Forum

Hi


Josh had quite an experience during his BB camp. He couldn't sleep well and was so exhausted. He said he didn't sleep at all on the first night and when we asked him what he did, he said "wash the toilet with another friend who couldn't sleep." To him, it was fun "washing the toilet" I guess he saw it as play, when you do not have to do it but did it voluntarily, it does not feel like a chore.

Thanks for praying for his safety.


David is much better, in fact he was driving around already on the 3rd day after his surgery. He also wrote a comment in the Straits Times Forum which was published today. If you missed it, here it is below:


Bouquets

Cancer fighter's words

'I applaud
Mr Lee Kuan Yew and all the 'friends and foes under one roof' for teaching me how to fight well and finish well.'

MR DAVID ONG: 'I read last Wednesday's reports, 'Another bit of history' and 'Friends and foes under one roof' with great delight. Fighting cancer has taught me many lessons about life and death. Someone has said: 'Life is like a roll of toilet paper. You don't value it until you almost reach the end of it.' Indeed. Cancer has made me value the people in my life even more - my family, my friends and my faith. Today, I realise that even 'foes' can be valued. No matter whether others have seen things differently from me or opposed, challenged or offended me, at the end of the day, what matters most is the relationships we have built, the faith we hold and the unforgettable legacy we leave. I applaud Mr Lee Kuan Yew and all the 'friends and foes under one roof' for teaching me how to fight well and finish well.'


I thought it was very well written. :)


God bless,

Whee Ling