Tuesday, December 16, 2008

URTI

Hi,
thank you all for praying for me. I recovered fast from the vomitting. However, two days later, a bout of upper respiratory tract infection hit me badly. The past week had been exhausting physically, being bed-ridden for most of the time. The course of anibiotics helped me tremenduously and I am once again up and about after just a few days.

Looking back, it is such a blessing as I remembered I would be sick for several weeks whenever I caught an infection. For that, I am deeply thankful for the Lord's hand upon my life. Praise the name of the Lord!

A christian brother who had been diagnosed with colon cancer recently shared with me this wonderful verse few days ago. It is from Proverbs 14:30, "A heart at peace gives life to the body."

Life is full of stresses. While a little of it is needed to keep us going, too much of it apparently releases free radicals that are harmful to our bodies as many research scientists say. But the word of our great God promises that when our heart is at peace, it gives life to our bodies! What a God we can turn to for peace when our hearts need to be at peace in this troubled world!

May the peace of God be with you at his Christmas season!

david