Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Food poisoning?

Hi,
Had wanted to update and give thanks for the recent Malacca trip but instead am now posting for a prayer request for David.

This morning, after he and Josh fetch me to work, he complained he felt unwell. I had a early morning video conference (from 6am) at my office with my boss and US colleagues. David deliberately woke up early to send me to work so I would not be anxious about being late and the hassle of taking taxi so early in the morning. I was really grateful for his thoughtfulness and love yet at the same time I was quite concerned about him not getting enough rest. Even Josh was up early and readily accompanied us.

I later learned that David was unwell and even vomited in the afternoon.
He vomited again just now. Not sure if he had food poisoning or.... As I recalled, we stopped over at an organic farm near Kluang on the way back to Singapore for lunch. There were lots of house flies so it could be something contaminated which he might have consumed. Then again, we could not be sure, the rest of us seemed fine. Anyway, covet your prayers for him. Praying that the Lord heals him and build up his immunity and restore him to perfect health after a good night rest tonight. Please also pray for him as he prepares to share a message at his good friend's church at the end of the year. May the Lord protect him physically, spiritually and in every aspect as he seeks to be a blessing to the Lord and others.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess." (Hebrews10:23)

Thanks for praying for our Malacca trip. We are thankful for the safe journey and the enjoyable time despite the bad traffic jam on the way up last Saturday. What makes the trip enjoyable is none other than the sweet fellowship with friends who travelled together on the trip. Will share more next time.

Thanks & God bless,
Whee Ling