Saturday, June 09, 2007

So much to be thankful for...

Praise the Lord!!! Indeed there are so much to be thankful for. As I reflect (which I wish I do more often), I am very grateful to the Lord for His continual blessings and grace.

A few milestones have passed and I would not let go of the opportunity to declare His goodness and offer up our praises and thanksgiving - including doing so in this blog so you could share our joy too and praise His holy name.

01Jun07 - 2nd anniversary of David's stem cell transplant. He turned 2 years old in this new lease of life. Praise the Lord he is in remission since Oct last year. His cough is totally gone and the GVHD in his mouth is much controlled with the medication his is on. Though he still has some ulcers but the improvement is considered remarkable already. Considering the risk of transplant complications which we were aware some transplant patients subcumbed to (some were even fatal), his well-being is truly made possible from the grace of God. Well, complete healing is still something we are praying for. His recent checkup on 07Jun showed all blood counts are good. Praise the Lord!!!

05Jun07 - we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. He surprised me by having flowers delivered to my office. We had a simple dinner together with Josh in town. It was a blessing which just 2 years' ago was something I could only wish for. I am reminded of our wedding verse in James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

I must admit sometimes I still do take things for granted and sometimes I forget to count my blessings... May the Lord help me to always be grateful, tender-hearted and cherish the wonderful gift from Him - my dear husband and son. :)

We are going to Phuket for a short holiday from today till fri. Managed to get the promotion $5 Jetstar budget airline ticket (though only one way) - thanks be to God for making this budget trip possible! Please pray for safety and a good time enjoying God's creation - Phuket, sea, sun, beach resort and each other!

Thanks & God bless,
Whee Ling