Saturday, June 23, 2007

Phuket Trip/Joshua's 7th Birthday

Dear all,
thankyou all for praying for us for the trip to Phuket. It was a great family time together!
The Lord spoke many things to me as I was reading the book of Ezra. I shared with Whee Ling and Josh that I want to be like Ezra who, "Set his heart to
S - Study
A - Apply &
T - Teach God's word.

Reading and feeding my spirit with God's word keeps me alive - spiritually and even physically for they are words of life. I love to chew on His word and his word is something I will always treasure more than any other thing on earth.

Anyway, on the way back on the plane, Josh said he missed Phuket. Guess he really enjoyed himself.

Josh wrote in his school journal that one of the main highlights of the trip was the day we went to Phi Phi isalnds on a speedboat on a group tour. (see photo)

We also went to James bond island on a ferry. On our way there, we were brought to a nature reserve on a kayak. The man who took us on the kayak was very nice to us, so much so, that he became our favourite guide and 'kayak' man. He likes Josh so much that whenever we would get down from the ferry to be on the kayak, he will look out for Josh and us.

We like him and took several photos with him. Somehow, we began to befriend him more than the other staff on the ferry. We also whispered a little prayer for him, that he will one day come to know Jesus personally. Like most Thais, Jacky is a buddhist.

One day, we were at the resort where we stayed. There was a conducted boat tour that we wanted to go and so, we went to this office to register. We were disappointed that in the end, we could not register as we were already one of those 'time-share' members. But what turned out as a little disappointment became a blessing. We meet a senior staff there who happens to be a local Thai pastor.

We got acquainted. I asked him if he had any gospel tracts as I wanted to give to Jackie, the 'kayak' man when I send him the photos. This pastor was quite excited and wanted to contact Jackie to invite him to his church to hear the gospel.

I thought that was divine as I had been praying for Jackie the past few days. Now God who desires that none shall perish must have divinely arranged for the pastor to meet us. I told Josh to pray that Jackie will respond to the invitation and have a chance to hear and receive the good news into his heart.

Josh's 7th birthday:
We celebrated Joshua's birthday last Sunday. Many of his friends were there. As usual, he put on football attire because he wanted to play soccer with all his friends.

We were thankful that many close friends and relatives came to bless him, though many couldn't come as some were on holidays during this school break.

My health and my book - "Talking the Walk":
Thanks to many of you who still read our blog and are still praying for us.

I am much better except for the oral GVHD that needs to be controlled. I really appreciate Dr. William Hwang as he has managed my condition very well even though these flares in my mouth can sometimes be very bad. There are still a few big ulcers and the lips tend to bleed and cause some pain. Otherwise, generally condition is fine.

I have finished writting my book. Now doing the editing and inserting all the other neccessary photos and sending them to my reviewers soon. I hope to launch it by September as it will be exactly 3 years since I battled with this cancer. Please pray with us that this book will magnify and glorify the name of our Sovereign Lord who heals.

I also intend to have a 'time of praise and celebration' in September to thank God and people like you for all the grace and goodness we have received in this journey. Will let you know the exact details later on the blog.

So much have been said, thank you once again for standing with us!

david


We were on the ferry on