Thursday, September 28, 2006

What is the best thing for you today?

"What is the best thing for you today?" - this is a question we often ask each other at the end of day. We would then take turns to share and give thanks. If we were to ask Joshua this question before bedtime, he would refuse to answer saying "that is for tonight!"

For me, yesterday's "best thing" was the pleasant surprise I had when I received a lovely "Love you!" card mailed (snail mail) to my office from my dearest husband. He must have mailed it from the hospital. It was such a delightful feeling to receive the card and the message of love it brought forth, considering the thoughts and effort put in to design the card and the trouble to mail it, certainly something e-mail message could never substitute. David is a rather romantic fella esp during our courtship. I could always remember the things he did such as taking the train to KL to surprise me when I was there on a business trip, asking his friends to deliver snacks, waiting patiently for me with flowers... etc.

When I shared with Josh about "the best thing for me was to receive a card from someone who loves me very much", he asked immediately "God?" and thought perhaps not and suggested "Daddy?". He smiled so sweetly thereafter and I knew he was so happy for us.

Praise the Lord!!! David is ok so far, no side effects from the Velcade. He will be having his 2nd dosage today. Tahnks for praying.
God bless,
Whee Ling