Monday, May 01, 2006

On hind sight - so little faith...

I realised I had so little faith. If I had a little more, I would worry a little less. Those past 5 days when I could not visit David and when I received updates about his condition - sides effects and discomfort, I was anxious when he was not doing so well, I was glad and thankful he was better and then upset again when the fever came back and so it went depending on the outcome. (side track a bit - want thank Angie, John and Sean for their visits and updates on David's condition which brought much relief to me.) Well, I guess the situation of me being worried would not be any different if I were there at the hospital with him. Underlying problem is I was not looking through eyes of faith - seeing before it happens.

The good news is "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself."-2Timothy 2:13. And because He, our Lord Jesus, is faithful, I am glad to share that many of our prayers are answered by His grace and mercy. Praise the Lord!!!

Thanks to you for praying for us. Praise the Lord for being so merciful and loving to us. Josh and I are completely well now, well enough to visit David at the hospital today without worrying about infecting him with other strain of bacteria or virus. We were both looking forward to it so much. We had a wonderful time together at the hospital ward. Wonderful contentment.

David no longer has any fever. He had occasional hiccups, headache, nausea, painful ulcers which caused much difficulty in eating though his appetite was improving. Blood count seems ok and no diarrhea which is a good sign because Dr suspected GVHD if there were. He tried to rest but probably due to the drugs, his mind was so active that he often see lost of images when he closed his eyes. Please pray that every thought to be held captive in Jesus and that he will be able to rest well. He will have another chemo-Velcade tomorrow. Pray that he need not suffer from side effects but if need be, be minimal. Thanks!

Despite his physical suffering, he told me in his sms yesterday:
"no worries. Am in good hands. Just need to bear the suffering tho its so torturing. God is not far. Always here like he is w Samuel standing next to his bed speaking 2him. Just do the same. Talk to Jesus w Josh n teach him 2behold Him."
David was still able to share and encourage those who visited him about his communion with the Lord dspite being weak and down physically. All glory to the Lord for His goodness to those who love him.

I did as he requested, spent time with Josh seeking the Lord. We worshipped the Lord together singing some songs we both know and then prayed and read God's word. Josh was distracted (guess it is not uncommon for a 5 year old to be easily distracted and not totally focused with praying) and in my anguish and frustration, while praying, I started crying. Josh was very concern and came to hug me wanting to know why I cried. I told him we need to pray, we are in a warfare whereby satan wanted to harm daddy and we need to use the weapon of God - His word, to defeat the enemy. He understood. Later I encourage him to pray and ask the Lord for a word to encourage daddy. He turn a page from his little Promises book of bible verses and said ok this is it. I asked if he prayed about which verse, he said yes and so we sent David this:
"Jesus said: "Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."-John 16:33

The Lord is surely in our midst. May we be more aware of it.

God bless,
Whee Ling