Sunday, December 04, 2005

Next Check up on 5/12/2005

Dear all,
I have been well lately except for mild residual symptoms of the oral GVHD still in the mouth. The dental surgeon, who is part of the stem-cell transplant team at the National dental Centre, Singapore saw me this week. She is quite happy that the oral GVHD has subsided except for a few lesions which were seen. She attributed it to the fact that because I am immuno-compromised as well as due to the immuno-suppressants that I am taking, I am prone to viral infections.

My next appointment with Dr. William is on Monday, 5/12. The next BMA (Bone marrow aspiration) is due.The last done showed 3% of myeloma in my body.Do covet your prayers in this - good results and minimal pain during procedure.

I like to request your prayers specially for Jimmy, a Leukaemia patient whom I had ministered to in the hospital and had by God's grace rededicated his life to the Lord. He has just been warded yesterday for a relapse. His transplant was done in early May.Putting myself in his shoes, I can imagine all the thoughts and feelings that he is going thru right now. Yet Jimmy knows now in his heart that Jesus is with Him and is in Sovereign control of his life. That's the wonderful thought - to know what God is doing in a life when he returns to the saving grace of the Lord. God is doing a wonder - even in our suffering.

To me, sometimes we may not know all the reasons for our suffering. Job didn't know either. But he knows God knows. That's a precious thought for me - to know that God knows. And that's enough strength for me - to know that my creator and maker of my knows what He is doing. I rest my all in this sweet knowledge and in Him.

thanks for praying,
david

"You become a Cancer conqueror not because you go into remission - Instead, you become a cancer conqueor because you choose to become a new person."
- Greg Anderson, Author of Cancer Conqueror.