Thursday, November 17, 2005

Feeling a lot better...thx for coming before the altar of grace and mercy

Dear all,
Thank you for all your encouragement to me in so many different ways - emails; sms; calls and even personal letters to my home. It's good to receive letters that are still much more personal in this high tech age. Thank you also for your constant prayers before the throne of grace, the altar where we can all find mercy and grace for every need and to figth every battle in the heavenlies. Above all, I am reminded that the altar is primarily a place of worship. I learned that when Paul and Silas were in jail, they did not worship God just to get out of prison. They started worshipping God because, HE IS GOD!

Friends, as we all pray, let's worship God for all that He is. Not just coming before Him with our 'wish list'.But as we look to the Almighty God, we have this faith and hope that He will do great and mighty things. That's the God we had - reagrdless of our struggles and battles in this temporary life.

Well, On Monday, I had my check up with Dr. William. I always thx God for him. I wrote an sms to him to bless him that same day. He replied that he is just prescribing me medicine. So humble hor! But I know God has divinely arranged for this beloved man of God to watch over me. I'm in good hands.

All the blood tests are alright. I am feeling very much more comfortable (feels so good to be free from physical suffering!) now as the periodic leg cramps are gone. My oral GVHD has also subsided tremenduously. The cough is completely gone and thank God there is no lung GVHD or TB. Though I have lost quite a bit of weight since my discharge, I am eating fairly well and trying to exercise a little to regain some muscle tone. My next medical appointment is on December the 5th. A BMA (bone marrow aspiration) will be done again to determine the percentage of the myeloma cells in my body.The last done was 3%.

I have resumed my morning walks at the beach as well. I really enjoy the walk because as I walk, I get to talk a lot to the Lord as it is difficult sometimes to pour out my heart to others.But the Lord is there all the time when I'm walking or driving-especially at the moment when the heart is touched or when I get quite emotional at the very moment when a deep thought comes, I know my faithful and true redeemer is there for me.

My morning walk is also a time where I listen to the heart of God while walking and meditating on the word of God. He is a God who speaks and I'm glad He's been ministering to me daily.

If any of you would like to join me now and then for the walk, do let me know. You'll be glad you took a break to spend some time with our loving Father who always longs to walk and talk with His children.

Honestly, I can't imagine how I can cope without the Spirit of God comforting and causing me to fix my eyes on His Sovereignty. Thank you again for praying for me.

Gal 5:25, "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

regards,
david.