Friday, June 03, 2005

Day 2 - Through the valley of darkness

What David is going through must be like walking through the valley of darkness. Wonder how long this valley of darkness will be... the only comfort is the Lord is with him in this valley.

This morning he vomited again and had diarrhea. While having his lunch, after just a few spoonful of porridge, he vomited almost all the supplement drink he had earlier before lunch. Yet, he tried to finish his porridge after the vomiting. (Dietitian advised him to try to eat more because he needed the calories and protein.) It really pained me to see him like that - having to go through so much suffering.

Pray that the medicine given will be effective to stop the vomiting and hiccups, that he will have enough nutrition and also to be able to rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, " I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." - Psalm 91:14-16

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
Whee Ling