Monday, March 07, 2005

Intensifying the treatment

Hi,

Today's blood test showed David's Hb at 12.2. Thank God he is coping well. This is the 2nd round of the additional chemo David is going thru. Dr William Hwang deemed it necessary to intensify the treatment after the result from his last bone marrow test.

The last round (2 weeks ago) of intensified treatment was quite unbearable for David. He was drowsy most of the time and was extremely tired but could not sleep. His hiccups were alot worse, occuring almost every 2 seconds. The whole effect lasted for about 8 to 9 days. When the effect worn off, he felt such relief it was as though he was given a new lease of life. Amazingly David experienced a new sense of hope and strength, the Lord has indeed lifted up his spirit. We know God has been merciful and had heard our prayers.

Thanks esp to Mike, David's youngest brother and his friends for fasting and praying for David last week.

As David is starting another cycle of treatment this week, really covet your prayers for him to have renewed strength to bear all discomfort and distress. Pray that He would be spared of the hiccups altogether. Also, pray against numbness and cramp with the double dosage of thalidomide.

"Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him."
- Psalm 28:6,7

Praise the Lord!
Whee Ling