Saturday, February 13, 2010

Year of Jubilee!

I am still in a state of shock! Didn't believe Whee Ling could 'cheat' on me, for a good cause!
She was so busy of late with her work. Thus never really expected her to come up with this idea.

It was a real, pleasant surprise! Very well planned and well executed! Now you know how capable she really is! Behind all my glory in all these years is this woman who wows me in the way she sacrificially gives herself to the call and assignment of God in my life. She loves the people I love and gives herself to the things God permitted to come into my life - especially my illness and me leaving the pastorate in my previous place of service in FCBC. She stood by me believing God affirmed the stand I took to move on and to be where I am now in serving Him in the pastoral role without an official position in a church setting. Through it all, she stood by me, feeling secure in God's direction and purpose for my life and supporting me continously knowing that his assignment for me is in a very different platform now.

These 5 years or more have caused us to see the goodness of God in ways beyond our imagination. What some people thought was a curse on my life was turned around by our Sovereign Jesus into something He used to display me on a platform that helped us minister His goodness to thousands lke never before. What meant by satan to destroy my ministry and make me spiritually barren became what God meant to do more fruitfully when He gave me the permission to leave FCBC then. Indeed, His ways are higher than ours; and His thoughts as well! What a great God! What a good God who gave me this woman to be willing (Sounds like WHEE LING) to suffer together with me so that I may not give up but look up to the one who holds my destiny.

50 - it's a scary number at first! A number that says you are nearer to the grave! Yet, I have faced death once. So, in a way, I am no longer afraid of the valley of the shadow of death. Because the Lord is with me! And I know HE IS NOT FINISHED WITH ME YET!! And as long as there is breath in me, I will live to fulfill His destiny for me!

Numbers have spiritual significance, just like our names. 5 - is the number for GRACE. I believe God told me that day when I reflected on my 50 years of my life by the beach, He impressed upon me that 50 is grace availble to me by 10 times! Ten fold! Not double but 10 times ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! What a God of Grace! What amazing grace, that saved a man like me!

Well, I receive that by faith! I will live each day by His grace! I will conquer new lands by His grace! I will serve Him faithfully with Whee Ling and Josh by His grace! Nothing, but by grace through our mustard seed faith.

Guess we just want to live simply, by His grace, and please our gracious Father, though our simple faith!

Thankyou, for being part of my life in one season or another in these 50 years!
You have made me who I am today! I have grown.

Will continue to learn and grow, as He gives me the grace!

david