Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How time flies! It's been weeks since my last posting. Wondering why I went MIA? Well, I had been sleeping, sleeping & sleeping a lot!

Had been having bilateral headaches of late. My right wrist had been causing pain for several weeks. At the same time, there's slight pain on my right hip and thigh as well, making me worried that it may fracture. The medicine (Thalidomide) that I have been taking that causes numbness and occasional cramps of my extremeties also makes me very sleepy due to its accumulative side effects. Therefore, I get very tired easily and have very little time to do much apart from looking after Josh after he returns from School in the afternoon. By night, after he returns from his regular swim training, I am usually zapped physically. This gets me rather frustrated at times though I tried to do much meaningful things as possible. I tried to be the best husband; I tried to be the best father and I tried to live the best I can be for the Lord through itinerary speaking whenever I get invited. You know, I live today as if I were to go tommorrow. Not being negative, but it helps me stay focused daily - to do the will of the Father above. It's just that sometimes I do get discouraged and deceived by the evil one when the waiting for the Lord's specific purpose in my life gets a little cloudy through prolonged waiting.

But the Lord always knows when to step in whenever one thinks as if he is about to fall down the edge of the cliff. He answered the cries of my heart through a long time doctor-cum-missionary who is very well versed in the word of God. He had read my book given to him through someone. And somehow by the divine grace of God, he met me recently at a cell group. Subsequently, he emailed me with a word from the Lord for me advising me not to do anything though it has been 5 years since I have stopped working fulltime. I was advised to ask for a sign of the Lord's goodness (Psalm 86:17). This reminded me of the prophecy given to me in April 2004, that I was to wait upon the Lord in the secret place until God reveals His specific plans for my pastoral ministry.

Waiting is tough. And to wait patiently is even tougher. But I know it is very neccessary in order to hear the voice of the Lord clearly. Rushing things would be moving in the flesh instead of the Spirit. Times like this brings me back to the word of God where it must come out alive in order to let my mind stay on Christ, the hope of my life. Once again, the Lord has proven Himself to be faithful and true, an ever-present God who cares and speaks though He may seem silent or hidden.

On Monday, I made an earlier appointment to see Dr.William Hwang instead of next month. I had a bad sore throat but I was afebrile. But in view of the headaches and bad throat, a swab was done to ensure it was not H1N1 as immun-compromised patients like me are in the high risk group as classified by MOH.

Anyway, the pain of my wrist had improved after a steriodal injection was administered last Tuesday when I consulted a god-loving friend who is an ortho-oncologist.

God has always provided for all my medical needs. Pray that I will continue to be patient in seeing complete healing as I know that so many of you are still praying. The number of hits daily reminds us that God never fails to send His love through people like you who care enough. I have been specially blessed to have a close friend (Ps.Patrick Wong) to accompany me often for my reviews even though Mondays are his off days.

The Lord is indeed my refuge and strength! (Psalm 46:1)
David