Sunday, January 30, 2005

Bone marrow and myeloma tests

Dear all,

Really couldn't believe the last time I wrote was in Nov04! Well, I must confess not being blog savvy is more an excuse, the real reason is I have conveniently left the updating to my dear husband while I juggled with the seemingly overwhelming demands of daily chores.

Jan05 was esp bad when I found myself working long hours, attending to Josh and his adjustment in his new school and on top of that, the household chores while our domestic helper was away on home leave in the 1st 2 weeks. Thank God our helper is back and I could now spend more time with Josh and David, or so I thought - up till last week I still found myself spending too much time at work. Nonetheless, I am thankful to our good Lord for the daily strength He has provided and the wonderful hope we have in Him - in Him we can do all things thru Christ who strengthens us.

David is due for his bone marrow and some myeloma tests tomorrow. I earnstly hope and pray that the result will be so good that it is evidently a miracle that God has healed supernaturally. Of course, we understand God's way is higher than our way and His thoughts than our thoughts. If He thinks this journey has to continue for a little while longer, I guess we will simply cling onto His promise that says "His grace is sufficient for us." I sincerely believe certain hardships are unnecessary because of the power of prayers and our Lord's promise that it shall be done according to our faith. So, please pray with us to claim His promise of healing by the power of the cross.

Please also pray for healing from flu. Josh was having fever again this morning. I was down with flu a couple of days ago and guess I could have passed on to him. Even David is feeling unwell and has sore throat now. May His healing grace be upon us and all those whom we know are unwell, in Jesus' name. Amen!

Before I end, thought I would share about Joshua's prayer on 02Jan. I was preparing him for bed and while we were chatting before our bedtime prayer, he asked me about death and heaven. He was concerned about what would happen to him if both of us go to heaven while he is still young. I told him to pray that we will live for a long time until he has grown up and has children of his own. We knelt before our Father and he prayed simply: "Dear God, please let my daddy and mummy live for a long long time until they become ah gong, ah ma, in Jesus name, Amen." Yes, I pray in agreement and claim the promise in Matthew 18:19 "..that if 2 of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." Amen!!! Thank you Lord Jesus!!!

May each of you be blessed by the many promises the Lord has given in His holy book!

Blessings and love,
Whee Ling