Tuesday, November 28, 2006

How time flies

Wow, it has been more than 2 weeks since we last updated our blog! I kept wanting to write but just did not get around doing it - partly because I was very busy at work and partly because I could not update from the home notebook because David was also busy preparing his message. Sounded like an excuse so I have to admit that I procastinated...

I actually wanted to share thoughts and events as I felt led so many times in those 2 weeks and had wanted to testify of God's goodness. Writing in this blog has become a way we express our thanksgiving to God and praise His name besides requesting for prayers.

I will try to do so over the next few days. Now, for some updates on David. As I mentioned earlier, he is preparing a message. The Senior Pastor of the church we are worshipping has requested he share his story "How he walked through the valley of the shadow of death" with the church congregation this sunday. So, David as is his custom, has been diligently preparing for his message. He wanted to glorify the Lord's name and have been seeking the Lord for His word, insight, message and purpose as he avails himself to be His instrument of blessings. So much so that I, his sometimes "overly concerned" wife, worry if he has gotten enough rest.

Please pray that the Lord would use Him mightily this sunday to spread His message of love so those who suffer in similar or other ways. Pray that those who hear his story would be encouraged and find hope in our Lord Jesus too.

David's health has been improving. Even when he stands next to someone who coughs, he does not catch the infection so easily as before. He still has some ulcers in his mouth due to GVHD and slight discomfort in the sole of his foot (don't know right or left) when he walks, he is generally well and looks good. His medication has been reduced and we are really glad he did not have any complications resulting from that. His next medical appointment is on 04Dec. Do join me to pray for good medical results.

Joshua shared with me about his sunday school memory verse one day and I was blessed to be reminded of God's word in Colossians 3:17. It makes the work I do more meaningful and demands less daunting and help me to have a more thankful attitude.

May you be blessed too!

"Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

God bless,
Whee Ling